Saturday, February 26, 2011

When You Get Married, Things Change

I've always liked baking, but I haven't always like cooking. I haven't always wanted to sew everything I could. I haven't always wanted to make my home decor, rather than buying it. Something just changed when I got married. Here's some of the recent projects.

These were so yummy! I got the recipe from Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade magazine. I got a subscription for Christmas and am so happy with it. I baked the cookies too long, so they were a little too crispy, but they still tasted good.

These were my first experiment with cake balls. They're supposed to be owls. They weren't as magically adorable as I hoped they would be, but they're still cute. My next batch will be out of this world!

Well...this was a big mistake. I didn't mean for this to be a pre-natal elephant. Turns out that the direction of the head is very important. I did fix my error, I just don't have a picture of it yet. For now, you all can just see the elephant in his earliest stage of life (before we cut the umbilical cord). (This pattern came from Indygo Junction).


These are my favorite project. They turned out so well! I haven't spray painted them yet, but when I do, they will look like wrought-iron. I got this idea from Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom blog. You should check it out.

This was a Valentine's decoration, but I like on my piano as a permanent decoration. I can't remember where I got the idea. Google it.

I got this pattern from Heather Bailey. She has the most adorable stuff on her site. Her fabrics are to die for. If you don't start drooling, there's something wrong with you.

3 comments:

  1. ROFL!!! I love that elephant! Though I must admit umbilical cord wasn't the first thing that came to mind. I think I'm gonna make that P.S. I love you thing. You're so crafty! Miss you and love you oodles and bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the faux metal wall art! If it is alright with you, I will feature your project along with a few others this week. You did a fabulous job!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Suzy. I would love to be featured! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete